Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Sorrow

I've been neglecting this blog all month. Life has been very busy, but the truth is I haven't felt much like writing. I'm exhausted and we have had some difficult times in our family.

My stepmom passed away suddenly last Thursday. It was completely unexpected and the reasons behind it are still unknown. Kim was a wonderful person and I am grateful that she was a part of my life. I am grateful for the love she gave to my dad and to his children. What a kind and generous spirit she had. I will miss her love and support and the way her comforting and encouraging words felt like hugs over the phone. That was Kim to me. She was one great big long beautiful hug. I will miss her.

We love you, Dad. Hang in there.

“...Behold, it has been made known unto me by an angel, that the spirits of all men, as soon as they are departed from this mortal body, yea, the spirits of all men, whether they be good or evil, are taken home to that God who gave them life.
“And then shall it come to pass, that the spirits of those who are righteous are received into a state of happiness, which is called paradise, a state of rest, a state of peace, where they shall rest from all their troubles and from all care, and sorrow.” ~Alma 40:11-12
http://www.lds.org/

6 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm so sorry that she passed away. Are you going out of town for the funeral? I hope you family, and especially your dad will be comforted during this difficult time.

Cailean said...

What a beautiful and comforting scripture passage. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. This time of year is such a great one to think about those we love and I'm sorry that someone you love is not here to celebrate too, especially unexpectedly. I hope you all can find some peace somehow. Much love :)

The Ahlstrom Family said...

What a beautiful tribute to a what sounds like a wonderful woman! I am so sorry for your loss!

happilyeveryhour said...

I am so sorry. We will keep you and your dad in our prayers.

The Perkins Family said...

I am so sorry for your loss. She sounds like such a neat woman.

Michaelynn said...

I appreciate all the of the comments and emails we have received. The services are this weekend and I think I'll be attending alone. The kids (which is both sad and a relief all at once) did not know Kim very well, so I'll leave them with Chance.

My Dad has decided to focus on celebrating her life rather than mourning her death. What a great spirit and strength he has.