Sunday, June 17, 2012

Hoods

It feels like Summer!  I'm eating strawberries!  My sister Danielle came up for a visit and brought me 4 flats of my favorite strawberries from Oregon - Hood Strawberries. (As in Mt. Hood, Oregon).  They are only available for about 3 weeks each year, but with Mia this year berry picking would be too tough. So, I made several batches of strawberry jam and froze a few bags of strawberries for later, too.   And there was shortcake and fresh whipped cream.  Strawberries and cream = happiness




 
My sister's visit was just what I needed.  Its been a rough couple weeks.  I'm unable to share why everything is so hard these days, but I am so grateful to her for all her kindness.  I sent her a text the other day saying ... "Sometimes I am so very unhappy."  And she just listened.  Thank goodness for summer, thank goodness for strawberries and thank goodness for sisters.


"Sweet is the voice of a sister in the season of sorrow."
~Benjamin Disraeli, 19th Center English statesman

No comments: