Thursday, June 14, 2012

Happy Birthday!

I love my husband.  I love him!  Chance bought me a new camera for my birthday last week and I'm in love with it!  He spent too much (especially since I didn't really get him much of anything for his birthday two days later...oops) but I love playing with this camera.  It brings me joy.  Now that I have a DSLR of my very own, I'm (finally) going to take Karen Russell's The Photographer's Workshop.  I can't wait!  I've been on the waiting list for 3 years.  Mostly because I didn't have the right equipment, but also because there are hundreds of people on the waiting list and the classes fill up in minutes. 

Here are a few pictures I took with it recently:




 
Aren't they beautiful?  And I don't have a clue what I'm doing yet.  It's very exciting.  I'm sure there will be more to come....



“The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.”
~Dorothea Lange, Depression-Era Photographer

No comments: