Monday, September 8, 2008

Another one bites the dust

Noah started preschool today. I'm happy and sad all at once. He loves his teachers and new friends and all the exciting newness of preschool, but I miss him. I miss him terribly. The house feels so strange without him running around fighting with Emma and humming Star Wars. I never imagined I would say this, but for a few hours each week the house is almost too quiet. Emma misses him, too. We're a couple of weepy women everyday when we drop him off.

It is nice to have some time alone with Emma a few days each week. We spend one day together at Ballet class and the rest doing whatever we want. Well, whatever she wants anyway. I had this idea that we would spend hours reading, playing and doing delightfully girly things around the house together. Mostly, she want to go out. She doesn't want to hang out with me at the house - its fairly dull without her brothers around.

1 comment:

Cailean said...

Isn't it amazing how quickly those years go before they start school. Only our oldest is in school (1st grade) but next year it'll be both our girls and then the next year our boy, etc. I am learning now to cherish this time even more. I am also a weepy woman when school starts!