Sunday, September 21, 2008

Tag! ... I'm It

This is in response to Heather's post the other day. I've been "tagged." How exciting! I didn't even know I was playing! These things I share below are not exceptionally interesting, but I adore Heather and so I honor her request.

5 Joys/5 Fears/5 Obsessions/5 Suprising Facts

5 Joys
1. Talking to Chance about anything. He makes me laugh everyday.
2. Downloading a great picture from my digital camera and discovering that my hidden photography talent is finally starting to show itself.
3. The feeling I have when my house is clean and all my chores are done. It's a rare feeling. (I'm not having that feeling now.)
4. Watching my kids sleep. They are such wonderful children while they are sleeping.
5. Making cards. It's my art. I stink at all other forms of art.

5 Fears
1. Chance dying, the kids getting kidnapped or hurt. I can almost hear them screaming!
2. Laser Eye Surgery. I've worn contacts for 20 years and I badly want the surgery. My doctor recommended wearing glasses for awhile before having surgery - like 4-8 weeks. I've been wearing them for over two years now. I'm a serious chicken.
3. Taking cold medicine at night and then getting pulled over for a DUI the next morning.
4. Spiders.
5. Getting botulism from canned food. This is why I don't can peaches myself. I tell myself if Dole accidentally poisons their peaches, I'm going to hear about it on the news before I die.

5 Obsessions
1. Cleaning after handling raw chicken. It freaks me out - its so slimy!
2. Locking the doors and windows at night. Mostly, I make Chance check the house in the middle of the night.
3. Eating off real plates. Plastic is just fine for my children (and my husband even), but I hate it myself. Using real plates makes me feel like a real person and helps keep up the illusion that my cooking is as good as any fine dining restaurant. Plus, I have this strange fear that plastic will give me cancer.
4. Maps. Whenever Chance and I talk about going somewhere, I immediately want to see where it is in the world and how I'm going to get there. Chance doesn't get it, but he has a naturally amazing sense of direction. A map is a must. We're planning to drive to Disneyland in March and I'm sure he's already cringing.
5. Chocolate and Doritos. There's just something about it. It's the Britney Spears in me.

5 Surprising Facts
1. I have visited or lived in 29 states and traveled to 8 foreign countries.
2. I was a Madonna-wannabe when I was 10. She is the near opposite of everything I believe in, but I loved her. And now I secretly adore Britney Spears. She's a freakshow and I'm hooked.
3. I got engaged on Groundhog's Day. Seriously. February 2nd - like 12 days before Valentine's Day, the most romantic day of the year. But Chance was apparently too smitten with me to wait another 12 days, thus thwarting my chance of having the most perfect of all Valentine's Days, although I doubt many others have had such a romantic Groundhog's Day.
4. I make a mean pie crust.
5. I use a child-size toothbrush (my dental hygienist recommended it) because my mouth is so tiny.

Now I tag Jolie, Bianca, Laura, Angela and Stacy - but only if you want to play.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I had no idea you've been to 8 countries!?! I mean heeelllloooo I am your sister and I don't know these things? I think you did good, so no worries. I was just busting up at all your little side comments. :o)

Love you
Nicole

Angela said...

Okay...Like Nicole I had no idea you have been to 8 countries!!! I mean some on I have even known you longer then Nicole:)

Michaelynn said...

See? I have a whole secret life that you don't even know about!

The Ahlstrom Family said...

Very fun!!! I am so new to the blogging world that I haven't seen this "game" - but it was fun to read! Thanks for sharing!!

Cailean said...

These little quizzes/games can sometimes seem the same from others but yours is so unique and was so fun to read. I wish I'd gotten to know you better in the time you were in the ward! Thank goodness for blogs.