Friday, March 20, 2009

Happy Birthday, Tyler!

Tyler is 8 today and begins a new chapter in his life. What an exciting month it is!

1. We just returned from a week long trip to Disneyland last week (more on that later)
2. This morning his classmates stood in a circle around him, sang a festive song and then showered him with compliments (which made Mom cry a little). This was followed by cupcakes for mid-morning snack (or "2nd breakfast" as its known around here).
3. Tonight he saw a cool movie with Dad.
4. Today he also visited urgent care while Noah received his first set of stitches.
5. Tomorrow is his Lego birthday party with all his favorite dudes!
6. Upcoming family date at Glo Golf...
7. Next Saturday he will be baptized!
8. Later that afternoon he'll be the guest of honor at a family party to celebrate his awesomeness.

Could this March be any cooler? No way, man!



Historic Words of Wisdom

“Mom, I need to brush my hair. It’s a little angry.” ~Age 3

“Oh no! It has poop on it!” ~Age 2, upon seeing a sausage pizza

“Mom, did you hear my guns?!” ~Age 3, after a large burst of gas

“Yes, a Harry Potter baby.” ~ Age 2, response to the comment that his mom had a baby in her tummy

“The doctor takes the baby out. You open up your mouth and say 'Ahhhh' and the doctor pulls it out your mouth.” ~Age 4

“Mom, I don’t like frogs.” ~Age 5, after eating split pea soup for the first time

“OK, Noah. It’s my turn to play soccer. Now you can watch how a man does it.” ~Age 6

"Mom, I think the Holy Ghost is with me right now. I haven't done anything bad yet." ~ Age 8

2 comments:

jack!e @ One Saturday Morning said...

That must be so exciting that he's getting baptized next week!! =) I can't wait for all my kids' baptisms...when I have them that is. lol =) All his quotes are so funny too!

Cailean said...

Oh what a sweet sweet boy! I love those quotations and I love seeing those early pictures of him....wow I still remember loving seeing him each week. What a cutie!!!