Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Moon & Stars


Today was Emma's last dance class with Ms. Mary and Aidan for awhile. She begins preschool soon and it doesn't look as though she'll be able to fit Pre-Ballet & Tap class into her schedule. It makes me sad because she loves Ms. Mary and talks about her all the time. Many of our arguments start with "Ms. Mary told me ...." or "Ms. Mary doesn't want me to ..." Some examples:

"Ms. Mary told me to wear my tap shoes to the store."

"Ms. Mary doesn't want me to clean my room!"

I continue to hope that Kent Parks will offer a new class in the afternoons for her age group. I am sad that she won't be able to play with Aidan every week in class anymore. They are the Romeo and Juliet of the class and so fun to watch together. And I'm really sad that I won't be able to chat with my friends Heather and Bridgett (Aidan's Mom) for an hour while Emma stomps and twirls around.

At the end of class today, Ms. Mary asked them what they wanted to be when they grow up. Emma said she wanted to be "A Star! ... A Star in the Sky!" And Aidan said, he wanted to be "The Moon." How sweet is that?


No comments: