Monday, November 21, 2011

Jibber Jabber

A conversation with Emma about her school friends Kevin and Summer:

Emma:  "Kevin's my friend.  But Summer keeps pushing me away at the playground."
Mom:  "Is she playing?  What do you mean?"
Emma:  "Well, I started all this and she keeps pushing me."
Mom:  "Started what?"
Emma:  "All this.....romance!"
Mom:  "Romance?  With Kevin?"
Emma:  "Yes!  I like Kevin."
Mom:  "Why do you like Kevin?"
Emma:  "I don't know...."
Mom:  "Is he nice?  Fun?  Smart?"
Emma:  "Yes, yes, yes....He gave me a candy bar."
Mom:  "He gave you a candy bar?  That's why you like him?"
Emma:  "Yes!"  (spoken in a "DUH!" tone)
Mom:  "I see."

Ordering McDonald's Drive Thru:

Tyler & Noah:  "I want a cheeseburger with only ketchup.  No mustard!"
Emma:  "Well, I want a cheeseburger with ketchup AND mustard.  Why don't you want mustard?  Can't you guys handle the mustard?"
Tyler & Noah:  "Yuck!  Mustard is gross!"
Emma:  "Haha!  You guys CAN'T HANDLE the mustard!"


During bedtime madness the boys got into trouble for talking instead of sleeping...

Noah:  "I wasn't talking to Tyler.  I was talking to .... my blanket."

No comments: