Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pain

We're down to five weeks until this baby arrives.  I'm 34 weeks tomorrow and my doctor promises to induce me the week after Christmas if this little one hasn't arrived yet.  It feels like forever and not enough time all at once!  I'm not ready to bring a baby home.  My house is a disaster and I have nothing organized here.  But there is hope on the horizon...  My sister Danielle arrives tomorrow night for Thanksgiving and she is going to magically get this place in order over the weekend.  I don't know how she'll do it; she has special organizing powers that I can't understand.  She is the master.  I have total confidence in her.  Especially since I'm basically going to be sitting around being huge and watching her.

All three kids are including a new phrase in their prayers these days:  "Please bless Mom will be able to to survive the pain when the baby comes."  Isn't that lovely?  They are so thoughtful.  Every time I hear it, I want to scream.   I swear my ears start to bleed.  I'm ready to start banning prayers.  Doesn't it feel like we're praying a little too much anyway?  Somebody has to put a stop to this.  I can't start thinking about pain all the time.  I'll have an anxiety attack.


 
"The pain of the mind is worse than the pain of the body."
~Publilius Syrus, 1st Century Roman author

No comments: