Friday, December 2, 2011

Thankful Thoughts

We had a nice, quiet Thanksgiving last week.  My sister Danielle came up to visit for the week by herself.  We usually have a house stuffed with people every year, so this was very different.  I missed the craziness of having all our family here, but really enjoyed the quiet.  Due to possible difficulties with the pregnancy and lack of energy(!) we didn't plan a big weekend.  Plus, my mother was on her honeymoon and Nicole's family was sick with the flu.  So, it all worked out for the best.  Chance's parents and Gauge came over for dinner on Thursday and we spent a nice afternoon chatting and eating too much. 

Danielle spent the weekend helping me get the house organized for the new baby.  Thank goodness for her!  She is amazing.  It helped that I had a surge of energy (or "nesting" urges) over the weekend so I was very motivated.  It has carried on this week, too.  We just might be ready for this baby before it comes!  That has never happened before!  I'm usually too early to be prepared for anything. 

I'm 35 weeks now.  And its December!  Almost there.  If baby hasn't arrived by the 28th, then my doc will induce me.  So, we'll definitely have a new baby before 2012.  I continue to try to finish Christmas shopping, but it is hard.  It's Chance's fault.  He's ... frustratingly difficult to shop for.  I hate it!  I recently found a blog post full of DIY gifts for dudes.  The post included all sorts of projects to make for the guys in your life like hand sewn ties and stuff like that.  Chance would hate everything on that list.  Especially since everything looked too feminine to be for "dudes".  I seriously wish I could think of something manly to make but I'm not able to build computers or anything that plugs in.

I keep trying to feel the holiday spirit, but it is eluding me.  I am loving the holiday music though.  Maybe I'm feeling this way because I'm so consumed with getting ready for baby and having all the holiday shopping done in the next few days.  I can't believe we are so close to having this little girl!  I still have a hard time imagining another little person living here and loving her as much as I love all these other little ones.  I always feel a little worried about this.  But somehow even though I can't imagine having more room in my heart and soul to love another person so much; I always do.  My mother in law says that babies are born with the love; they bring it with them when they arrive.  Its true.  And we're counting down the days....

No comments: