Saturday, December 3, 2011

Monkey #2


Emma makes me smile.  Sometimes she seems so grown up and then a moment later seems so small to me.  This week she was involved in the Missoula Children's Theater's production of The Jungle Book.  She was Monkey #2 and she was adorable!  I tried to capture some video, but it's not the greatest quality.  I'll have to take a closer look at it - maybe I'll post it later.  It was a long, tiring week for her full of rehearsals, brown bag dinners and late bedtimes, but she seemed to love every minute of it.  Spending each afternoon without her was strangely sad for me.  I missed her happy little face dancing into the house after the bus ride home.

Emma started walking around the house talking on an old cell phone today.  Something that she hasn't done since preschool.  She scolded us several times for being too loud while she was on the phone and then had to check her "texts".  She refused to tell me who she was speaking with or texting, but it was entertaining to hear her pretending.  After a week of feeling like she's growing too quickly, it was nice to see her do something so young again.


My favorite quotes this week:

Emma:  "Where's the tree's dress?"
~Meaning tree skirt, after Chance set up the Christmas tree.


Emma (in tears):  "What if Santa puts me on the naughty list?"
~After a 'time out' for being a mean sister.

No comments: