Thursday, July 10, 2008

Gardening with Grandma

Grandma Jayne and Gauge visited today. During her last visit a few weeks ago, she pulled weeds in my yard. Sometimes I think she has magical abilities. It amazes me what she can persuade the kids to do in her quiet way. It reminds me I have a lot to learn about parenting. My children worked for a solid hour pulling weeds that day simply because they wanted to do what she was doing. A few days ago, we came upon a sale on gardening tools in Target. The kids enthusiastically insisted they needed gardening supplies. I complied. So, today when Jayne arrived, the kids proudly displayed our purchases. They immediately got to work in the yard again, though not much work was accomplished this time around. There were more sword fights with the rake and shovel than actual gardening, but it was good fun to be outside together in the fine weather.

Quote:

Noah: "Oh, man! I've gotta get these volcano plants."

Grandma: "Noah, did someone plant volcanoes in your yard?"

Noah: "Yeah, there was a storm and volcano seeds went into the ground."

No comments: