Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A Watched Pot


You know the saying "A watched pot never boils?" I think you could also say "a watched sky never snows." We were supposed to have a snow storm Wednesday. The school district had late arrival again for some reason I cannot understand and the news continued to report severe snow warnings for our area. We watched the sky all day and waited. And then we gave up watching and made cookies - Noah, Emma and I. It was very interesting and fun. If you look closely at the pictures you'll see that Emma is wearing her ballerina costume from her recital last week and Noah is working side by side next to his Star Wars Stormtrooper action figure. The kids and I (and "trooper" as he is affectionately known here) took turns with the rolling pin and the cookie cutters. And then Tyler came home and ate his fill.




Here is Noah with "trooper". (And yes, Noah's t-shirt is on backwards. I think his shorts are on backwards, too, to be honest. But he's happy and who am I to take that away from him?)








And just when you stop watching that pot ... it boils. Or snows, in this case.







5 comments:

Mel said...

Those cookies look sooo good- that kind is one of my favorites ever.

The Ahlstrom Family said...

I'm still smiling from this post - thanks! I just love the little character traits of the kids - you just can't help but smile! I love the backwards clothes ~ and someday that will be a story to tell and he will love that he did something so his own. And honestly, is there really anything better to wear than a ballerina costume?? :) Not in my house! (I'll share a picture of Aidan with you at some point. LOL)

Alicia said...

Found ya, I lost the link and didn't think to look to my left on your Facebook! Hey when do you put your kisses on the cookies? I made those Saturdy and they melted so I waitied and they wouldn't push in.

Cailean said...

How much did you guys get overall? I LOVE the photo of Tyler licking his lips! Those are such yummy cookies :) I love your racks too!

Michaelynn said...

I have no really good idea how much snow we have. I'm terrible with measurements like that. I can't ever judge distances either .. 75 feet? 300 feet? Its all the same to me. Plus, it was so windy for a while that there are crazy snow drifts around here. One place is 3 inches, another is 3 feet.