Monday, December 29, 2008

A&W Photography


I've mentioned my friend Ashley and the amazing photos she took of my kids several weeks ago. I am finally posting some of the pictures here on the blog. I hadn’t done this because I’m lazy, but also because I gave photobooks with most of the pictures to the grandparents as Christmas gifts this year. They are awesome! If you come and visit me I will proudly bore you to death with the book.

I always mention how wonderfully talented Ashley is, but I feel like I should mention her equally awesome husband, Wendel. What a pair. They are like the dynamic duo of children’s photography. A perfect blend of talent and comedy. At our shoot, Ashley did most of the camera snapping while Wendel had the important jobs of carrying heavy things around, holding up reflectors and saying silly things to make my kids smile. He spent about 30 minutes inventing a secret crush that Tyler apparently has on his 2nd grade teacher, Mrs. Spalding, and then teasing him profusely about it. Very important work.

I love photos of my children, but having them professionally done is like torture. They are complete spazzes most of the time and never follow directions. But this experience was wonderful. No rush, no rules, no limits on poses or settings or number of shots. We just went where the kids took us, literally. Emma even peed her pants at the end because we couldn't make it to the port-a-potty fast enough. Ashley and Wendel just smiled and continued the shoot. The kids laughed and played at the park. And when they were done, we were done. I really hope A&W will continue their work and we'll be able to do this again down the road when my children have grown an inch or two.

Thanks A&W. To see a few more pictures from the shoot, click here.










3 comments:

Ashley said...

Thanks Michaelynn! It really was one of my favorite shoots ever. Your kids are so dang cute. This post made me smile.

TamBaum said...

Very, very cute!

Cailean said...

I've taken family portraits for a handful of families in our ward and come nowhere close to the candid, fun, natural, and perfect photos like these!!!