Monday, November 9, 2009

I am a Good Mother

Today was a day of affirmation.  I am a good mother.  I can prove it.  Two impartial people told me so today.

1. Mrs. Rizzo, Noah's Kindergarten teacher:
I phoned Mrs. Rizzo this afternoon about an upcoming field trip and we talked about Noah for a few minutes.  She expressed how much she enjoys him in class and praised me as a mother more than once.  I felt awesome.

2.  Lady at Fred Meyer's Playland:
I had to pick up groceries for dinner so Emma and Noah elected to hang out at Freddy's Playland this afternoon.  I signed them in and the lady gave them a quick rundown of the rules in her playland.  I went on my way and returned an hour later.  Playland lady praised me for a good 5 minutes about how well behaved both of them are.  And then she said ... "You're a good mother.  I can tell.  I've been doing this for a long time now, and I can always tell the good from the bad." 

Hmmmm....maybe I'm not doing everything wrong.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

By the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established. I'll be the third to tell you, if you want! You're a GREAT mother! Who else would stay up until 1 AM making a thanksgiving hanging? only great mothers do that.

Cailean said...

You ARE!!! We are so hard on ourselves. A good mother is one with good intentions, even if we fall short sometimes because no one is perfect!!!! I am glad you recognized what you were meant to - you are a good mother :)