Saturday, November 14, 2009

Once upon a time ... something happened



Tyler came to me last week and told me he misses his friends in Minnesota.  Especially his friend, Rose.  Rose was a darling girl who lived a few houses down the street and was in Tyler's class.  They played together all the time and she was super cool because she had dogs and liked to play with swords and lightsabers.  One blustery day back in 2007, Tyler came home from school and informed me that something "serious" had happened at school that day.  He had the strangest, most severe look on his face at the time.   I asked him to tell me all about it 

"Well, Mom .... today at school... Rose kissed me.  And I kissed her.  And... well, I fell in love today.  That's what happened."

It's one of the sweetest memories I carry of him.  A "grown up" discussion about love in our old living room with my 6 year-old son.

3 comments:

Jolie said...

That is too cute!

kim said...

How sweet! There is so much to come for me and my young kids isn't there? I have a lot to look forward to!! Love reading your blog so much!

Sarah said...

That is so innocent and darling and pure! Did I tell you how Anna fell in love when she was 4? She came home from preschool one day and told me that when Christopher told her he "liked" her too, "mom, my heart boomed inside me." I smile every time I think about it.