Sunday, November 1, 2009

A Month of Gratitude


Happy November! Just wanted to share the project I've been slaving over for the last 10 days.  It's a gratitude calendar and filled with daily activities to promote an attitude of thanksgiving.  I sacrified a lot of sleep for this, but I hope we have some worthwhile experiences with it.  Each pocket holds a card with an activity surrounding various types of blessings. Some activities focus on families, some on faith, health, the arts, the Earth; I tried to come up with a variety of ways to count up at least 30 different blessings in my family's life this month. I'm hoping that my children will have fun, but also be reminded of our abundantly blessed life.

Today's card:  "Be Grateful for your siblings.  Be extra kind to them.  Do your best to avoid fighting and teasing each other." I considered using the "Be Grateful for your Mother" card, but I'm going to save that for the day after Thanksgiving, I think.  I also decided it was time to use the sibling card after a brief discussion with Emma yesterday:

Mom:  "Hey, your face is dirty."
Emma:  "Yeah, Noah made me kiss his shoe.  And Tyler, too."

3 comments:

Jana said...

It turned out beautiful and I love the idea!

Cailean said...

WOW that is awesome! Much better than any stinkin' Pottery Barn junk. You should be very very proud!!!

Jeannie said...

What a great idea! Something to plan for next year. Looks awesome!